Friday, July 10, 2009

Summer morning walk

I took Jenna's advice and got out of the house for a walk this morning. It was beautiful out! The air was cool and crisp. I picked a hilly route that ended at Starbucks, where I got an iced coffee. I walked about 25 minutes. I would have liked to go for 30. Next time I'll make a little detour to add on a few minutes.

Now I'm at my desk and feeling refreshed. I have an appointment for a hair cut at noon with a new guy. Why is it so hard to find a good hairdresser??

6:30
cereal, milk: 4

walk: 25 minutes... hilly

10:30
oatmeal, milk, dried cherries: 5

1:30
chili, zucchini:, cut up veggies: 5

5:30
2 small peaches: 1

13 points remaining! So, we're having pasta for dinner. Normally I avoid pasta b/c I think it's not worth the calories. But tonight we'll have turkey meat balls in Newman's own sauce with a cup of pureed butternut squash mixed in. The pasta is Barilla's whole wheat + protein. It's higher in calories--210 with 2 grams fat and 4 grams protein. I looked online and saw that it's 4 points for a serving but how much is 2 oz cooked?? 1 cup? 1/2 cup?

1 c pasta: 4; 1/2 sauce with squash: 1; 4 turkey meatballs: 4 (9 total)
watermelon: 1

1 comment:

Hoosier Mama said...

Ooh. I like the idea of adding pureed veggies to spaghetti sauce!