Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Annoyed

Last night I met a friend out. She needed dinner but I had already eaten. I only went over by about 1 pt but I'm still annoyed.

1. I went over on food that was only okay.
2. I spent what felt like gobs of money for gazpacho that wasn't good, a bite of spinach artichoke dip and 2 shrimp.
3. I was out late.

Now, the successes: I only ate 1 bite of the dip. But honestly? I wasn't even tempted. I didn't have any wine... I did quite well! So why am I annoyed? I spent $30. I'm feeling totally stressed about money and the future. And I was away from Doug and Michael. Now, you would think that having alone time with a friend would be a good thing. I do really like this person, but she's not a close friend. So instead of enjoying a girls' night out I was feeling resentful. And went to bed later than I like to...

I want to make time for myself apart from my family, but it needs to be with people who I really cherish!

No comments: