Wednesday, July 8, 2009

groove and regret (170)

I weighed myself today--170, after breakfast but with no clothes on. Feeling rather accomplished. That's down 9 pounds. I need to just keep doing what I'm doing. I did notice yesterday that I felt like doing more cheating--little nibbles of Michael's untouched ravioli (what is the matter with this kid??).

Today will be hard too. I'm going to lunch at Wendy's house and she has left-over deli from the bris... I'm thinking I might just bring my own food. Otherwise, I'll eat a lot of points, for not a lot of substance, and then I'll be upset with myself.

I worked out this morning: 32 minutes on the elliptical machine then weights--legs, chest, arms, shoulders, abs. Not a ton of stuff, but enough... two sets of everything. Three sets would have been better but I didn't feel like staying down there that long. :(

6:30
cereal, milk, berries: 4

32 min cardio, weights: chest, legs/butt, shoulders, triceps, abs

10:30
toast, egg&white, watermelon: 4

I went to Wendy's for lunch and ate too much. I think this is the first time that's happened to me since I started this whole thing. And I didn't really even eat THAT much. But I don't feel good. Here's the tally:

1/2 c chicken salad; 1.5 pieces rye toast; spoonful of coleslaw (why? it wasn't even good), spoonful of pasta salad (again, why??), lettuce, 1 c fruit salad. Then, she brought out the brownies... I should have just said no-thank you. But I nibbled. Probably for 3 points worth. And then I was sorry b/c it was too rich/sugary... I'm a little frustrated with myself... it's not the end of the world. It was a good lesson in how little bites can add up. I think the damage is 12 points. So annoying because it wasn't nearly as good as what I ate at the bris--same food, just 3 days older.

I have 8 points left for the remainder of the day. This means no booze at the reception tonight. Not a big sacrifice... I can have a piece of chicken before I leave the house, and some veggies... and I should be okay. Still, I feel kind of gross. :(

No comments: