Thursday, July 16, 2009

Still 170

So I got on the scale again this morning, thinking that Tuesday night's soup incident would have run its course and I would see a big payoff for my perfect week of eating and exercise. No dice. Scale still said 170. Actually, it said 170.5.

What gives??? I am totally following the program. I exercised 5 days last week. People are making comments to me nearly every day that I look great/persistence is paying off.

So??? I know, I know... don't let the scale be your higher power. This is the 1st week in a long time that I haven't seen a loss on the scale. For some reason I thought I was immune to the plateau because of the exercise.

Probably the exercise is part of the reason there was no shift. Jackie Warner twice this week means that I'm building muscle, which weighs more than fat, but takes up less room.. yadda yadda yadda.

I just want to see my number, goddammit!!

1 comment:

Hoosier Mama said...

I had the exact same experience this morning! I got on the scale and voila, 170.6!!! Been in that 170-something funk for 4 days now! The bad part is my JC weigh-in is this evening and with clothes on, and I didn't put on my most lightweight dress this morning. The shirt I have on is sleveless but it is heavy. So I might even GAIN according to Jenny after having such a stellar week. I'm with ya sista. Stay tough!