Thursday, June 4, 2009

Thursday and realization...26

I had another successful day yesterday. While I was working from home I made Mexican lasagna (easy and healthy! corn tortillas, salsa, pinto beans, cheddar cheese, a puree of spinach, cilantro and scallions). I counted a portion as 5 points. Ate a big salad with balsamic vinegar (0 points) and then treated myself to "dessert". I made shortcakes to go with some rhubarb I made earlier in the week--Doug loves it. Initially I was going to have just 1/2 of one but I had 5 points remaining so I went for it and had a whole one. I split the shortcakes, layered sliced strawberries with a little sprinkle of sugar to bring out the juices, and topped with the rhubarb. I think it was 5 or 6 points total. What I noticed is that it completely satisfied me. No cravings for a second portion. I really enjoyed it too! And Doug was ecstatic. I think eating "real" dessert is better than something low-cal/low-fat, as long as it will fit into my points for the day.

I also did 50 minutes of cardio on the treadmill while watching Gilmore Girls--HEAVEN. And, I managed to get a shower in before the boys got home. What a successful day!!

Now, on to today's roll-call of food intake

7:30
cereal/milk/berries/coffee-milk: 5.5

(brought in stuff to make oatmeal but forgot microwave safe bowl... must figure out what to do now for 2nd breakfast).

Planned lunch/snack: 1/2 c homemade tuna salad with light mayo; 2 pieces multigrain bread; veggies; 1.5 c cantaloupe; yogurt. Dinner is left-overs from last night.

No comments: