Thursday, June 18, 2009

Milestones

I'm wearing a dress at work today--first time since Michael was born. I've also decided that I'm not going to pump today. This is a big step. I've been down to 1 pump for several weeks now. Last week I dropped the pumping time from 20 minutes to 10. I'm wearing a real bra. I'm a little nervous: a) about being uncomfortable, b) about what will happen to my supply for morning/evening feedings once I have stopped pumping during the day.

Michael shows no sign of wanting to stop nursing and I'm not interested in pushing him. But I am ready to stop pumping at work. I'm still getting about 5 ounces at that noon pump. But, he can have whole milk. And, we still have about a dozen bags of milk in the freezer.

I'm feeling good in the dress and trying to focus on the bigger picture of getting my body back, at least during the day.

No comments: