Friday, June 5, 2009

Friday

I'm not sure how I feel about this week. I think I did well. Yesterday I was feeling very positive about my choices and the stick-to-itiveness required for the long-term commitment it will take to lose the weight.

Still, every day when I look in the mirror I see no change.

I think it might help me more to track my points in a paper journal where I can write down each day and then flip through to evaluate my choices. This online version is great for venting, but not so good for looking back across the week.

Yesterday I think I did just fine with points. I had a 5-point piece of Mexican lasagna for dinner and a big salad with balsamic vinegar. A 2-pt skinny cow for dessert and not even an itch for a second one. I think I may have even eaten just 27 or 28 points yesterday, though I'd have to check my previous post to be sure.

That's something else that I'm thinking: maybe I shouldn't be eating 30 points. Maybe the reason I'm not losing as quickly is because of those extra points... it might be time to go down to 28 points/day. Since I'm down to one pump a day I've noticed that I'm a little less hungry... I hate to put in all this effort and lose so slowly. I know I could up the exercise, but it's hard to find the time. I have two walk dates set for the weekend...

7:15
cereal, milk, 1/2 banana, berries, coffee-milk: 6

11:15
1/2 c oatmeal; 1 c skim milk; 15 dried cherries: 5

12 noon
banana: 2

1:30 pm
lean cuisine balsamic chicken:7

I have 8 points left for the day and I'm going out to dinner with my husband... so, we ditched the plans for fancy-sit-down dinner and instead will do the 7:15 movie at the Uptown and dinner at California Tortilla. I just looked at their menu (they have a nutritional calculator) and I have have the Crunchy BBQ Ranch Salad (without cheese or tortilla strips) for 7 points.

I'll have an apple on my way home and that takes me to 28 points.

Pfew!

No comments: