Saturday, January 2, 2010

Setting goals for the new year

I went to a weight watchers meeting this morning. I was up .8 from last month, pretty disappointing. At the meeting we talked about setting goals for the next year. The leader stressed the importance of clear, well-defined goals that fit with your life-style. She talked about short-term and long-term goals. I realized that I don't have a well-defined goal for 2010. My clothes all fit. I'm healthy. But then I remember what Jenna wrote about how she never thought she could be like those "skinny" girls. I need to decide if I want to be a skinny girl--a size 6. And if I do, why?

A few goals that are clear: find new recipes that fit our lifestyle--are whole grain, healthy, hearty, and delicious; make exercise a regular part of my day; read more novels.

I was toying with the idea of making January my 'get-tough' month--to vow to exercise 5 days a week and to stay on program all month. In theory, I could lose 5 pounds this month if I do that. With the gain over x-mas, I will need to lose more than that to hit 155.

Intake:
Cereal, milk, blueberries, coffee: 4

turkey sandwich, veggies: 5

30 minutes elliptical machine random hills, level 10

Fage 0% yogurt + 1 c fruit salad: 3

We were invited to dinner so I was careful to not eat too much before hand.
salad w/few olives, already dressed; brown rice (1/2c), shrimp stirfry, mostly veggies: 7

pecan shortbread cookie: 3 (I declined the chocolate cake, sorbet, and ice cream)

mint tea

Another day of eating 22 points!!!

No comments: