Friday, January 22, 2010

I might be a LiveStrong convert

I  tried out Livestrong earlier in the week. I like it! I don't have an iphone so I can't do it remotely, but the desktop version is just fine. I like that it tells me the breakdown of my diet: protein, fat, carbs. Though, I notice that most of my intake is from carbs. I guess that's okay since even spinach goes in the carb category.

I bought more beets at the market today. Someone just told me to blanch and eat the leaves too--as good for you as kale. I still haven't actually bought kale. What do you do with it? It looks like a dinosaur leaf!

I noticed today that my "skinny" pants are feeling a little looser. I dare to dream this is actually true.

White bean chicken chili for dinner last night and tonight. I didn't have green chilis so it's missing something... and it's rather thick--I think a little too thick.

I now have a ton of food in the house, both cooked/frozen and raw/ready to prep. I love that feeling of preparedness.

Michael was home from day care all week. Still running a fever today, though just 100. He's acting fine, though is a bit more quiet than normal. I've really enjoyed the time with him. Unfortunately, I haven't been able to exercise at all... I entered in grocery shopping to Livestrong--200 calories burned! Who knows if that's right... and maybe I shouldn't claim that credit... I need to get some rigorous exercise in. I think I need a workout partner.

No comments: