Wednesday, October 7, 2009

How to bounce back

I feel like everyone else is doing so well at staying focused in control. I have been traveling and up in the middle of the night and not focused at all.

We're home now with no travel in sight between now and Thanksgiving. Still, I feel like my world has been turned upside down and shaken a little. I need to get back on track and I'm not sure exactly how to do this.

I took Indya's advice and made oatmeal with 1/2 water yesterday morning. I really do prefer it with milk, but I'm moving in the right direction. I can shave off a point that way. Eating at home isn't really an issue. There's no fudge, pumpkin pie, double-chocolate cake, pizza, etc. I was tempted with all those things and more while away. Last night my dinner was two scoops of frozen yogurt at the airport in Chicago. It was good. :)

I also need help on the exercise front. I am back to square one. I have not been exercising regularly for what feels like a month. Probably it hasn't been a month (yet) but at least 2-3 weeks.

I'm using exhaustion as my excuse. My foot injury didn't help either. The fact of the matter is that I am tired. And my foot still hurts, more of an ache than pain. But, I need to "get back in the game". I'm a little paranoid that my clothes are tight already. I'm not sure that's true. But, I am afraid to get on the scale.

How is it that I could be doing so well for so long and then have this dramatic stall-out? I guess that's what happens when life doesn't cooperate with your fitness and diet control goals.

I'd welcome suggestions or commiserations...

No comments: