Tuesday, August 18, 2009

One day left before vacation

I haven't packed. I have piles of clothes picked out and the suitcases are up from storage. Tonight is the grand ballet of folding and arranging. I have a list of the things I'm likely to forget. But it's not like we're going to Laos.

This morning I did 25 minutes on the elliptical, anticipating that I won't get to exercise tomorrow. I'm getting concerned about exercise burn-out. I guess I'll cross that bridge when I come to it.

This morning D suggested that I prepare for a gain upon our return. Why?? I got so mad at this suggestion. Of course, eating eggplant parmesan for 3 days in a row probably didn't help prepare me to lose this week. But how bad could it be with low-fat mozzarella and baked eggplant; no breadcrumbs, homemade sauce with little oil.

I'm beginning to wonder if I shouldn't start a more aggressive effort to measure. The little bites and tastes of various things around the house are maybe causing me to lose at a slower rate. But then again, still nursing is likely slowing things down too. And I definitely think I am thinner now than I was!



6:45
cereal, peach, milk: 4.5

25 min cardio; plus walked up the stairs to the 8th floor.

10:30
out of regular oatmeal. Found a pack of instant apple/cinnamon in my desk. Had that with 2/3 c skim milk. What do I count that as? 3 points??

12:15
salad; sliced chicken on 2 pieces of multigrain bread w/lite mayo (6)

1:30
peach: .5

2:30
peach: .5

4:45
cottage cheese: 2

6:30
eggplant parm (5), tomato w/OO (1), steamed green beans, 1/2 red pepper: 6
watermelon: 1

(yes, we were emptying out the fridge, thus all the random veggies.

8:00
skinny cow: 2

No comments: