Friday, November 20, 2009

Friday before Thanksgiving, trying to stay in control

Hungry Girl had a very helpful Q&A about Thanksgiving, questions like: must I only eat steamed vegetables on Thanksgiving. Answer was no, but limit the other items. I remember in years past trying to focus on filling my plate with green things and then adding a little of the others. This year I will make more of an effort, here's why:  there will be leftovers and I know I will be eating that food for more than one day. I know that a lot of the WW leaders say to make the holiday last 1 day (I think Jean said this too?) not a week. But I know what it's like for me at my mom's house... I need a different method. So, here are my ground rules:

1. Eat a normal breakfast. My mom has all this crazy stuff like sticky buns and granola. Forget that. I will have an egg+egg white and 1/2 a bagel or some such (even the bread she buys is terrible--I mean, delicious but not good for you).

2. Drink a lot of water, avoid alcohol or even non-alcoholic sparkly stuff.

3. Fill plate with mostly vegetables (convince mom to make a 2nd veggie dish).

4. Exercise every day I'm away, for at least 20 minutes.

5. Eat a small piece of dessert, or share with Doug. Then, remove myself from the vicinity of sweets either by going to give M a bath, or play with him, or something.

6. Do not eat cheese, pate, etc. Save calories for the holiday food we don't make regularly. Cheese is always available.

Any other suggestions?

Today's intake:
cereal, milk, coffee: 5

coffee with whole milk and 1 shot hazelnut syrup: 1

turkey sandwich, small baked potato w/BB, salad w/balsamic vinegar: 8
(adding the baked potato really helped my lunch to feel complete. I probably didn't need the extra 'starch', since I had bread, but still... it was yummy!)

dried apricots: 1

Last portion of the pork, steamed broccoli w/tiny bit of butter, steamed mixed veggies w/tiny bit of OO, 1/2 c. wheat berry salad: 9

Eddy's Whole Fruit Popsicle: .5

(Carrie pointed out my huge math mistake... yes, I know! I ate more than 15 points. But I'm allotted 25/day. I did go over though: bowl of cereal after dinner. I was HUNGRY... now I'm still awake at 10:30. What am I doing???)

No comments: