Sunday, December 13, 2009

Hanukkah Party

Today was my family"s annual Hanukkah party. I knew the fare would be
heavy so I tried to keep the morning light. Breakfast was an apple and
a peach yogurt, and 3 coffees with whole milk (one too many!).

Then for lunch I shared a scramble of lox and 3 eggs and 2 egg whites
with my brother, he ate most of it. I avoided the boxes of cookies and
rugela from Costco.

In the car on the way to the party I ate a 2nd apple and drank a diet
sprite. So far so good. No exercise, though. It was pouring out. And
too hard to do anything in the house.

I tried my best at the party. But, appetizer was flat-bread pizza and
garlic bread. I had 1.5 pieces of pizza. Skipped garlic bread but then
while waiting for the next course I ate 1.5 pieces of regular bread.
Then the salad, which of course was drenched in dressing--yuck. I prob
had 3/4 c. Main course I had chicken. It didn't have a lot of sauce,
but I'm sure it wasn't low cal. I had 1 rather large ravioli and 1/2 c
of the other pasta which was penne with pesto and broccoli. I fished
out as much broccoli as possible.

For dessert I had 4 bites of gelato--chocolate and pistachio. Drank
water and diet soda.

I'm not even going to bother to count this all up. I'm just starting
over tomorrow and will do my best to find time to exercise. I have a
mtg at the Department (of Health and Human Services) in the morning.
Not sure what the afternoon will hold or what time I'll get back to my
office.

--
Sent from my mobile device

No comments: