Saturday, September 19, 2009

New Year's Dinner

We hosted some friends for Rosh Hashana tonight. I did all the
cooking. The meal was amazing, if I don't say so myself... Here's the
menu:

Apples, pomegranet seeds and honey
Home made challah
Matzo ball soup
Spicey sauteed red snapper with cherry tomatoes and kalamata olives
(very easy and totally delicious!)
Noodle kugel
Carrot souffle (recipe from Emeril-- amazing. Pecan strusle topping)
Warm green beans with basil and pine nuts

Dessert was brought by our guests: apple pie, mini- brownies and chewy
chocolate cookies from whole foods that were incredible. I had 1/2 of
one and found that it was too much! So delicious. We also had fruit
salad.

I had a little of everything but didn't feel that I overate. Of
course, the kugel and carrot souffle were packed with high cal/fat
ingredients. But man were they good. And I had small portions.

I also nearly didn't eat today. I had that stomach bug that really
didn't clear up until this morning. I finally felt better today.
Still, the only other food I had was 1 whole wheat eng muffin w/pb and
pear butter, 1 small cottage cheese. 1 peach, 2 thin pieces of
prociutto.

I haven't really exercised since Wednesday. I haven't felt up to it.
I'm better now and will do something tomorrow. But, my foot still
hurts!!! I'm so aggrevated!

With all the excitement from dinner I can't sleep. We saw some old
friends and new friends. There were two 16 month olds, one 2.5 year
old, and a 5 month old. It was wild but a lot of fun.

--
Sent from my mobile device

No comments: