Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Back on track

We're home from the long weekend at my parents'. I can't even recount the endless wrong choices or lack of exercise. But, I'm mostly back on track today. I packed a great lunch of a big salad and sliced roasted turkey with wasa. I had my usual breakfast. But, Michael woke up at 4:30 screaming and came into bed with us which means not really sleeping until 6:30 when we finally got up. Then, the boys lollygaged around and didn't leave until 7:30 which meant no exercise for me. But, with my car in the body shop I was on metro today and walked (briskly) to the metro, 1.6 miles. Better than nothing.

With the crazy sleep schedule of our changing boy I have no idea when I can get in regular exercise. Tomorrow, of course, since I'll be working from home. But the other days are a crap shoot. I'm frustrated by this but I also know that it's temporary. I've reached a nice resting point. I'm not unhappy being mildly derailed here. I'm in my old clothes. I'm getting loads of compliments (a coworker nabbed me in the hall today to say I looked "hot". I was bowled over!! But happy.).

I'm planning to make chili tomorrow which will carry us through to the end of the week (we're eating leftover chicken enchilades until then). The enchilades are a bad choice but I have been eating just one (very small portion) with a big salad to make up the rest of the meal.

Saturday morning we leave for Chicago for 4 days. Not sure what to expect there... will be hard to exercise since I'm not going to take the jogger, but the umbrella stroller... still, I will walk every day at a minimum.

No comments: