Monday, September 7, 2009

Labor Day Weekend ReCap

I saved my splurge for today and boy was it worth it--pancakes in the morning with the boys (homemade with 1/2 whole wheat flour, flax meal for 1/3 of the oil, and wheat germ). I ate 2.5 small ones with some sryup (I skipped bread with my egg+egg whites so I could allow myself a piece of pie later). Lunch was left over salmon and a sweet potato. Dinner was broiled chicken (thai marinade. yum), corn on the cob and a huge salad. I ate 1 piece of amazing bread with butter. Then, I had one regular sized piece of homemade peach pie (made by me). And, a few slices of watermelon. I didn't count it up, but I think it was an okay splurge. Not too crazy.

I didn't get to exercise today, though. I walked with M to the park and back, and we ran around a lot, but that doesn't really count.

Yesterday I did 40 min cardio and lunges, squats, shoulders, chest, and arms. Eating yesterday was on-point. I also didn't count actively but felt like I was keeping track a-okay. We went out to dinner with friends. I hadn't eaten very much during the day (just busy!) and so I was STARVING by the time dinner rolled around. I nibbled at M's grilled cheese, which he didn't touch. I also had 1/2 a roll. But, since I hadn't eaten that much all day, I thought it was fine. I had a FABULOUS pasta dish with shrimp, whole cherry tomatoes, balsamic vinegar, and asparagus. I ate all the tomatoes, asparagus and shrimp and left most of the pasta. I was very proud of that.

Saturday is a blur at this point. We had swimming lessons, went to see friends and their new baby. The eating was fine. I had a long walk in the stroller with M.

All-in-all it was a nice weekend. Not as much exercise. But honestly, I'm getting a little burned out with the exercise. I needed a break.

I weighed myself on Sunday morning and I was back to 167. Not lower... but that's okay. This is my first plateau since I started 12 pounds ago. It'll be okay. I'll get to where I'm going.

No comments: