Thursday, May 28, 2009

Fabulous Food Blog

I just found a college friend on Facebook. His wife is a food writer (also an alumna but she was 5 years ahead of me and I never met her). She has a blog--it is awesome! She writes about food as if it is a third child (they have two boys). Her discussions are lyrical and lovely and they make me feel like baking, or cooking, or shopping for really delicious ingredients. This is problematic since I have entered the phase of minimizing the role of food in my life in order to get back to a comfortable weight. The desire to have my clothes fit me again is strong. Is it stronger than my urge to make rhubarb strawberry crumble for my husband (if you are familiar with his reaction to rhubarb-inspired desserts you will know the severity of this question)?

No comments: